In autumn 2013, London Councils and the London Safeguarding Children
Board commissioned a team of researchers from the University of
Bedfordshire to map current responses to child sexual exploitation (CSE)
The study was conducted in October/November 2013.
The findings are drawn from an in-depth quantitative survey (completed
by 30 London boroughs and local safeguarding children boards) and eight
semi-structured interviews with statutory and voluntary sector
The report provides a snapshot of current responses to CSE across London, in relation to:
- Local scoping of the issue;
- Local policies and procedures;
- Training and awareness raising;
- Identification and early intervention (re. victims and perpetrators);
- Responding to cases of CSE (re. victims and perpetrators); and
- Overarching reflections on progress and challenges.
Download the full report - PDF 430.5 KB
and summary report - PDF 221.2 KB