Education for sustainability is important at the University because:
- We strive to contribute to more democratic, sustainable and just societies and to the globally defined Sustainable Development Goals.
- Our graduates need to be effective and resilient before the changes taking place in our physical and biological worlds.
- We are committed to work collaboratively to tackle shared challenges.
- Low carbon economies and employers are increasingly interested to hire graduates with backgrounds in sustainability.
- We aspire to prepare our students to make positive contributions to their communities as responsible citizens.
It is advanced through curriculum enrichment and enhancement processes, teaching innovations, cross-disciplinary collaborations and University-wide events.
Our approaches and activities reflect HE sector best practices. They are supported and coordinated by the Centre for Learning Excellence, are informed by the curriculum framework, are shaped by the creativity of academics and students from the Sustainability Forum