Job and volunteering opportunities
University Careers Service
The University's Careers and Recruitment Services and Students' Union have a number of volunteering vacancies available from their dealings with local employers on a daily basis.
For more information and to register with the Recruitment Team please check out the Careers and Employability Services
They also provide great tips and advice on writing CVs, covering letters and valuable techniques for interviews.
Career opportunities in the field of Sports
Career opportunities in the sports field have expanded greatly in recent years. The professionalising of many sports through the lottery process and increased governing body investment have opened up opportunities in many sports.
And the variety of skills learned on your courses are transferable to a multitude of jobs in the public, private and charity sectors.
Here are just some of the roles you could take up after your studies with us.
- health and fitness industry - a rich source of jobs for our students
- health promotion and development with local authorities, NHS, charities and other organisations
- researcher within the NHS, academia or charitable foundations
- teaching in secondary, further or higher education
- strength and conditioning specialist
- coaching and coach development
- applied sports scientist
- laboratory specialised technician (in, for example, university, sports clubs, hospitals, molecular genetics labs, clinical trial companies, doping analysis laboratories, the health service or biotech companies)
- police, armed services and prison service
- marketing and sales in life sciences and sports companies
- community physical activity worker or health improvement practitioner
- healthy lifestyle programme manager
- public health manager
Some courses provide a foundation of knowledge that will be useful in acquiring the competencies required to join the UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) and allow you to apply as a member of the Institute of Health Promotion and Education.
The University is looking for qualified sports coaches to train our competitive sports teams.
Coaches needed in the following:
- Football - Men
- Badminton - Men & Women
- Volleyball - Men & Women
firstname.lastname@example.org - for anything to do with the Get Active Programme
email@example.com - for more information about our coaching courses, or to book onto a course
firstname.lastname@example.org - for questions regarding our Sport Scholarships
Our Tweets: @bedsunisport
Aug 05, 2022
Jul 25, 2022
Jun 13, 2022
May 13, 2022
May 12, 2022
May 09, 2022
May 09, 2022
May 08, 2022