Sport Scholarships - FAQ
Frequently asked questions and answers
- Which sport Scholarship should I apply for?
Apply for the highest one you think you’re eligible for. The scholar panel will make the final decision.
- What should I do if I’m unaware if I meet all the terms and conditions outlined in my acceptance letter?
Don’t leave it to the last minute. Contact us straight away with any concern in order for us to see if there is any way we can help.
- Should I provide evidence with my application?
Yes. It is important to provide as much evidence as possible. This is required to support your application. This can be a letter/supporting statement on headed paper or a copy of the relevant certificate.
- Can I carry my scholarship over to the next academic year?
You will not be able to carry over your scholarship. You must meet the conditions outlined in your acceptance letter. Should you not then you will not receive your benefit package.
- When will I receive payment if I’m successful?
This will depend on what scholarship you have applied for. This information can be located in the scholarship terms and conditions.
- Who makes the final decision on whether or not a sports scholarship is awarded?
A panel is made up of an Academic member of staff, Students’ Union member of staff and Sport Beds representatives.
- When can I apply for a sports scholarship?
The application process will open until 18/10/19. Applications after this date will not be accepted.
- If I was awarded a scholarship last academic year do I need to apply again?
Yes you will need to apply again as circumstances do change. However having had a scholarship before does not guarantee you will be grated one again.
- Do I need to be a current full-time student to apply for a sport scholarship?
Yes. You must be a full time student at the University of Bedfordshire.
- How will I receive my payment if I’m successful?
Payment will be done in the form of a cheque. You will receive this at your end of year meeting with the Sports Development Senior Officer.
- If I solely play for a BUCS team or individual event at the University of Bedfordshire am I eligible for a sports scholarship?
Yes, but you will only be eligible for a Talented Award. Please see individual sport scholarships terms and conditions.
- What should I do if I disagree with a decision made?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via 01234 793129.
- How does the University check that all terms and conditions set out in the acceptance letter have been successfully been met?
There are numerous checks we do, including Blog submissions, Record of PR events attended name a few.
- Can any sport be eligible for the sports scholarship?
Priority is given to sports with in BUCS but not limited to.
- Where do I need to send my application to?
All applications must be electronically completed and send to email@example.com
- Who should I contact if I haven’t received my cheque?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01234 793129.
- Am I able to have extra money instead of the packaged offered?
No, if you are successfully awarded a scholarship you will receive the package applicable to the award granted.
- Will I receive my scholarship if all terms and conditions haven’t been met?
No, in order to receive the funding you must meet the conditions outlined in your acceptance letter.
email@example.com - for anything to do with the Get Active Programme
firstname.lastname@example.org - for more information about our coaching courses, or to book onto a course
email@example.com - for questions regarding our Sport Scholarships
Our Tweets: @bedsunisport
Jul 30, 2021
Jul 29, 2021
Jul 26, 2021
Jul 24, 2021
Jul 23, 2021