Contact Student Support

Luton campus & other campuses
Level 2, Campus Centre
Luton campus

Events Calendar

Childcare Information

This information is for students who have caring responsibilities for children.

The University of Bedfordshire does not provide in-house childcare facilities, so we want to help you choose the right childcare for you and understand what financial support may be available.

Financial support for childcare

Student parents in higher education can apply for a Childcare Grant and/or Parents' Learning Allowance through Student Finance.

GOV.UK - Help with childcare costs

There is also other support available from the Government, which is not specifically for students, but may assist you as a parent or carer.

STUDENTPARENTS.ORG - Preparing for University Life

Student Parents has some helpful information about planning and budgeting for University.

Finding childcare

Local councils have information about choosing childcare and what is available locally to you. See links below for childcare services in your area:

You can also search nationally for Childcare Services by using the national Childcare Directory

This page has been developed at the result of a Student Experience Project. If you have found the information helpful, please Tell Us!

Bedfordshire University

Student Experience» Studying at Bedfordshire» Student support» Childcare